Sounds normal enough right? Almost managable even? Well if you want to follow the Gwyneth Paltrow program of clean eating, you’re going to have to follow these steps, as advised to her by her team of experts as part of her new book Goop Clean Beauty:
- Yoga nidra or ‘psychic sleep’ which is a form of meditation undertaken before bed.
- Put down the late night snacks! Eating before bed means your body is busy digesting food and can’t focus on rejuvenating you in your sleep. Ideally you ant to keep a “regular 12-hour fasting window”—so if you finish dinner at 8:30pm you shouldn’t be eating breakfast until 8:30am.
- Try a trigger point massage just before bed – by targeting specific points on the skull which are known to have therapeutic effects it will help “stimulate circulation, disperse accumulated toxins and speed the flow of oxygenated blood throughout the body.”
- But it’s not just your head, and give yourself (or even better enlist your parter) to give you a foot massage with “thickly-textured moisturizing cream” for a good three minutes.
- Forget cotton or silk, apparently it’s all about the copper pillowcases. “Studies have shown that pillowcases infused with fine strands of copper oxide could help to prevent the formation of, and even reduce, wrinkles,” says Gwyn.