Some recipes suggest a base of Kahlúa or RumChata, but the Bailey’s Irish Cream and vodka version certainly caught our attention.
Whether you’re an espresso martini lover or just looking to spice up your at-home happy hour, try your hand at the boozy beverage, following the recipe below. You can thank us later.
HOW TO MAKE A DALGONA COFFEE COCKTAIL
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 2 tbsp of instant coffee
- 2 tbsp of cold water
- 30ml Bailey's Irish Cream Liqueur
- 30ml of Vodka
- 6 x ice cubes
- 1 x cocktail shaker (optional)
- A cocktail glass of your choice
1. Pour your Baileys Irish Cream and vodka into a cocktail shaker or glass filled with ice. Shake and strain the mixture into a martini glass.
2. In a medium-size bowl, vigorously whisk together 2 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons instant coffee, and 2 tablespoons cold water until it thickens and reaches a whipped cream-like consistency. This can be done with your choice of whisk, a milk frother, or a handheld blender.
3. Scoop the whipped coffee onto the top of the chilled martini, stir, and enjoy (and don't forget to share a snap of your creation on Instagram).