The 25-year-old singer remains under care due to “complications” related to her overdose, with sources telling TMZ she is suffering from extreme nausea and a high fever, among other things.
The former Disney star was found unconscious by paramedics in her home, relapsing after celebrating six years of sobriety in March.
“She had two friends with her at her house that called 911,” an insider told Us Weekly. “They were hysterical when paramedics arrived and Demi was unconscious. But the friends acted very quickly and saved her life.”
The publication reports that her friends revived her with Narcan, a drug used to treat narcotic overdoses in emergencies.
“One of her friends had Narcan on hand in case something like this happened. Her friends knew this was coming because she’s been using so much again. They were up all night partying the night before at her house,” the source revealed. “Luckily, the Narcan worked and she will recover.”
“Demi is awake and with her family who want to express thanks to everyone for the love, prayers and support,” Demi’s rep said in a statement last week. “Some of the information being reported is incorrect and they respectfully ask for privacy and not speculation as her health and recovery is the most important thing right now.”