Scarlett Johansson raked in a mind-blowing $40.5 million, largely thanks to her role as Black Widow in the Avengers series. She has quadrupled her 2017 earnings to take the number one position.
Other top earners who made the list include Angelina Jolie, Mila Kunis and Gal Gadot. A number of last year’s top ten did not make this year’s, such as Emma Stone (she owed her number one spot last year mainly to her La La Land success), Emma Watson and Amy Adams.
The list takes into account not only the actresses’ movie payouts, but things like endorsement deals which can boost earnings significantly.
Take a look at the 2018 top earning actresses here:
10. Gal Gadot ($10 million)
9. Melissa McCarthy ($12 million)
8. Cate Blanchett ($12.5 million)
7. Julia Roberts ($13 million)
6. Mila Kunis ($16 million)
5. Reese Witherspoon ($16.5 million)
4. Jennifer Lawrence ($18 million)
3. Jennifer Aniston ($19.5 million)
2. Angelina Jolie ($28 million)
1. Scarlett Johansson ($40.5 million)
This article originally appeared on Marie Claire UK