Harvey Weinstein was formally charged with four counts of sexual assault in Los Angeles County on January 6. His trial on similar charges began in New York City on the same day.
Watch Below: Weinstein Sent To Trial
The new criminal complain was announced just hours after Weinstein appeared in a Manhattan courtroom to start his rape trial.
The Los Angeles County district attorney, Jackie Lacey, said Weinstein had been charged with raping one woman and sexually assaulting another woman in separate incidents over a two-day period in 2013. Weinstein allegedly entered a hotel room on February 18, 2013, and raped a woman after pushing his way inside her room, per the New York Times. He is accused of then sexually assaulting a second woman the following night at a hotel suite in Beverly Hills.
“We believe the evidence will show that the defendant used his power and influence to gain access to his victims and then commit violent crimes against them,” Lacey said.
Weinstein has pleaded not guilty to the existing charges (five felony counts). According to Buzzfeed News, the disgraced mogul faces up to 28 years in prison if convicted of all charges.
The new charges come just weeks after Weinstein's first interview in over a year, which he claimed he should be praised for his work with women, rather than remembered for allegedly assaulting them, making them sign intense NDAs, and for some, hiring undercover agents to dig up dirt to ruin their lives and careers.
Speaking to The Post from his hospital room, Weinstein, whose name has likely never been used more in his entire life than it has been in the past two years, said: "I feel like the forgotten man."
“I made more movies directed by women and about women than any filmmaker, and I’m talking about 30 years ago. I’m not talking about now when it’s vogue. I did it first! I pioneered it!” the 67-year-old alleged rapist continued.
“It all got eviscerated because of what happened. My work has been forgotten.’’