A grieving mother whose 7-month-old son died in a tragic accident on Monday has shared a post on Facebook, warning others to not let their young children sleep with blankets.
Jordan DeRosier's worst nightmare turned into a reality when she found her youngest son, Sloan, dead in his crib.
The young boy had suffocated on the blanket his great-grandmother had made him.
A heartbroken Jordan writes:
"Initially I had not wanted to explain the detailed circumstances of his death because of my guilt and the fear of condemnation from others. But I will not allow anyone to try and place blame where it does not belong."
"They took the grey one he had been found with his head in. He had pulled it through the crib rails somehow and gotten himself stuck in it."
"You never think it will happen to you. You never think it will be your baby. Please do not put your babies to bed with a blanket. Please."
"He was 7 months old, I thought because he was crawling, standing on his own, and climbing, that he would be fine with a blanket."
"This is the face of immense, unfathomable grief, the face of longing, of heartbreak, of self-inflicted GUILT. I will NEVER stop feeling responsible," she continued.
"I will relive this for the rest of my life knowing EXACTLY what I could have done differently. Please learn from my world shattering mistake."
Jordan's post has been shared over 15,000 times, with many writing to the young mother sending messages of sorrow and love.
A fundraising page has also been started to help the family with funeral and memorial costs.