This thrilling crime drama was adapted from Luke Jennings novella Codename Villanelle and has been a critically acclaimed hit since its release in April 2018.
To say that the first season ended abruptly would be an understatement but you’re guaranteed to be on the edge of your seat once more with season two kicking off just seconds after the season one finale. *spoiler alert* Reminder: when Eve (Sandra Oh) stabbed Villanelle (Jodie Comer).
Here’s everything we know about season two so far:
1. The second season was taken abroad from July to December 2018 with set locations including Amsterdam, Paris and London.
2. There's a new assassin: Eve will be investigating a new killer which shifts the dynamic of things. Fennell said the core of the show will remain the “gravitational pull that Eve and Villanelle feel toward each other."
3. Phoebe Waller-Bridge, (who also wrote season one) is still set to remain an essential part of the show as one of the executive producers, but has passed head writing duties to Emerald Fennell. You’d probably know Fennell best for her starring role in Call the Midwife (as Nurse Patsy Mount) and is set to play a young Camilla on season three of The Crown.
4. New cast members include Nina Sosanya, Edward Bluemel and British talent Julian Barratt, Henry Lloyd Hughes, and Shannon Tarbet.
5. Season Two of Killing Eve will premiere on April 7.