A Sydney man has been accused of raping a woman and a child in the space of a week. He met one of the women through an escort company, then met the other, a 13-year-old girl, five days later in Sydney's west.
The Sydney Morning Herald reports that police have found significant evidence against the man, Mustafa Kayirici, engaging in a car chase in Bondi on Saturday to catch him. They had been searching for him since June 19, when a 22-year-old woman reported that he had allegedly raped her and robbed her in the CBD. He had been carrying a gun when he met her at the appointment before the assault.
Then, five days later, he reportedly kidnapped a 13-year-old girl from a shopping centre in Paramatta and raped her multiple times over the course of five hours, driving around the west of Sydney.
Kayirici was carrying a knife when he met the teenager, and sexually assaulted her at Parramatta, Merrylands, Telopea, Ermington and Homebush. She escaped, however it is currently unknown how that happened.
The police tried to pull him over on Saturday morning, but he led them on a car chase. The police managed to catch him when he drove into a park and crashed into a parked car.
Kayirici has since appeared in court via video link, and defended his actions, claiming that sex with the 13-year-old girl was consensual.
"They're making out I'm an evil person, like I'm a paedophile rapist predator," he said. "I'm all over the news and it's wrong.
"The point is I've got it all on footage. I know I'm innocent. I did not know that this person is 13. She lied about her age. Everything is consensual."
Sergeant Bragger said that there was 'significant' evidence against him, referring to evidence in his car and on CCTV footage. He also expressed concern for the 'extreme danger' of women in the community if Kayirici were released on bail, saying that it would be 'unthinkable'.
The case will be dealt with at Central Local Court on June 30.