According to the Daily Mail, Sarandos is “interested”.
"Who wouldn't be interested?," he said at the Producers Guild Awards in Los Angeles on Saturday. "Yes, sure."
While Netflix may be up for it, The Crown’s creator Peter Morgan is not.
In 2018, he told Entertainment Weekly that he intends to wrap up the story “long before where we are now”.
“I feel uncomfortable writing about events within a certain time period,” he said. “I think there’s a certain amount of time within which, if you write about it, what you do instantly becomes journalistic. Because it’s too close to the moment.”
“Let’s wait 20 years and see what there is to say about Meghan Markle. I don’t know what there is to say about Meghan Markle at the moment. I wouldn’t know and I wouldn’t presume. She’ll only become interesting once we’ve had 20 years to digest who she is and what her impact has been.”
Morgan also announced earlier this month that season 5 will be The Crown's last.
"At the outset I had imagined The Crown running for six seasons but now that we have begun work on the stories for season five it has become clear to me that this is the perfect time and place to stop," Morgan told The Guardian.
Sounds like Netflix will have to find another series for the Sussexes.