1. Kaia Gerber is the new Kendall Jenner. Probably. The 16-year-old walked for Fendi, Prada, Moschino, Bottega Veneta, and looked perfect doing it.
2. But her mum still rules. Cindy Crawford joined fellow ‘90s supes: Claudia Schiffer, Helena Christensen, Carla Bruni and Naomi Campbell for the Versace finale, which celebrated Gianni Versace’s extraordinary legacy —20 years after he died. The model quintet gleamed in classic slinky Versace chainmail dresses, totally upstaging all the kids who’d walked before them. Sold gold.
3. Green is officially the new black. Livia Firth proved it with a grand awards event for her Eco-Age /Green Carpet Challenge initiative. In attendance? Husband Colin, Annie Lennox, Anna Wintour, Tom Ford, Miuccia Prada, Valentino’s Pierpaolo Piccioli …Oh, everybody.
4. Dolce & Gabbana just made peas and cabbage sexy.
We’ll take the vegetarian special, please.
5. Fashion’s obsession with Gucci isn’t going away anytime soon.
Logomania, rhinestone shell suits, print-on-print, sequins, bows, pearls, purple velvet, and a men’s romper appliquéd with rainbow-hued musical notes… all in a day’s work for Alessandro Michele. RIP Minimalism.
6. Moschino wants you to dress like My Little Pony.
Can you handle it? The sugar-coated, equine-themed capsule collection was available to buy online immediately after the show. It’s not cheap – a pastel pony key fob will set you back $USD 175, a sweaterdress $650 – but it will sell. Designer Jeremy Scott has form here - his Barbie collab for Spring ‘15 back was an influencer favourite.
7. There’s a new guy at Roberto Cavalli
His name is Paul Surridge, he’s a nice Englishman and he cut his teeth designing menswear for Prada. As you may know, the house of Cavalli is known for its jet set glam vibes and love for leopard print. Founder Roberto Cavalli is perhaps the only man in fashion more tanned than Mr. Valentino. But Surridge is having none of that, thank you very much. According to WWD, his debut “murmured rather than roared” and should “broaden the brand’s appeal far beyond the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and the haute hippies of Ibiza.” So now you know.