The investigator heading the search for missing NSW boy William Tyrell has revealed it is likely police have already encountered the kidnapper.
Addressing media for the first time in 12 months, Detective Chief Inspector Gary Jubelin said it was “highly likely” police had come across the perpetrator.
"The strongest likelihood is that we've already got the name of the person involved," he said, 9 News reports.
"I would be sweating."
William disappeared from the yard of his foster grandmother's home at Kendall on September 12, 2014. Three-year-old William was last seen wearing a Spiderman costume.
Detective Chief Inspector Jubelin said investigators were still narrowing down persons of interest, ABC News reports.
“A substantial amount of those persons of interest have now been reduced but because of the dynamic nature of this investigation that list of persons of interest is constantly being added to," he explained.
Last month, it was revealed that William was in foster care when he went missing.
In September 2016, a $1-million reward was offered for anyone who had information on the little boy’s disappearance.