Cooler temperature calls for warmer dishes and who doesn’t like a good soup? Mr Perkins, a gourmet soup spot on Bondi’s legendary Campbell Parade, cooks up wholesome, healthy, seasonal soups and broths and has shared its Chicken Noodle Soup recipe with us so you can make it at home.
- 1 tbls extra virgin olive oil
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 4L chicken stock
- 3 potatoes (finely grated)
- 2 carrots (finely grated)
- 1 swede (finely grated)
- 1 parsnip (finely grated)
- 2 stalks of celery (roughly chopped)
- 300g of Barilla gluten free spaghetti
- Fresh herbs (to garnish)
- In a large pot heat olive oil over stove, add chicken breasts and cook through until slightly brown. Remove from pan and roughly chops into bite size pieces.
- Add chicken and chicken stock into pot and bring to the boil. Once boiled, add grated potatoes, carrots, swede, parsnip and celery and stir to combine. Simmer over medium heat for 10-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another pot boil water adding a drizzle of olive oil. Add spaghetti, stirring occasionally until just cooked. Strain and rinse with cold water. Return to pot and cut spaghetti into noodle sized pieces with cooking scissors.
- Add spaghetti to the simmering pot and stir together, ensuring all vegetables are cooked through.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh herbs.