To make Dalgona coffee, you combine instant coffee, sugar and water, whipped together and served on ice with milk. To create flavoured milk, it’s essentially the same process, except you swap out the coffee for a milk powder (does everyone remember Nesquik?) and the sugar for whipping cream. Simple, really!
So, what are you waiting for? Try your hand at this delicious and mouth-watering treat by following the recipe below. We promise you won’t be disappointed!
HOW TO MAKE WHIPPED FLAVOURED MILK
WHAT YOU'LL NEED (Makes 2)
- 1 x tbsp flavoured milk powder like Chocolate or Strawberry Nesquik or any Hershey's variety
- 4 tbsp (1/4 cup) of heavy whipping cream
- 1 x mixing bowl
- 1 x electric mixer
- 6 x ice cubes
- 400ml milk
1. Add the milk powder and whipping cream to a mixing bowl.
2. Using an electric hand-held mixer, whip the mixture for approx. 4 minutes until it is light and silky - you can opt for a manual whisk, but be prepared for an arm workout...
3. If you're feeling extra fancy, you can dust the rim of your glass with an extra helping of milk powder. Then, separate the mix into two and (elegantly) dollop half on top of each pre-prepared two-thirds-full glass of milk and ice. (You could also spoon it over warm milk for a hot drink)...
4. Mix and enjoy - and don't forget to share a snap of your handiwork on Instagram
This article originally appeared on InStyle.