Following investigations, NSW Police confirmed that a 38-year-old man had been charged and is due to appear in court on February 1, where he is facing up to three years behind bars.
"In November 2020, officers from Inner West Police Area Command received a report of an offence allegedly committed by a 38-year-old man," NSW Police said in a statement to NCA NewsWire.
"Following further investigations, the man was charged with intentionally record intimate image without consent on Friday, 18 December 2020."
In a statement regarding the allegations, Williams claims that he was "completely blindsided" and addressed that he will defend himself.
"I’m really upset by the allegation and I’m distressed about the impact it’s had on members of my family, particularly my mum," Williams told the Sunday Telegraph. "The allegation has left me feeling shocked and confused. I don’t propose to make any further comment and look forward to resolving the matter in court."
Williams is currently appearing on the latest season of I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here, which was prerecorded prior to the allegations, meaning that it's still unclear whether Network 10 will edit Williams out of the show entirely.
Either way, Pustetto continues to reveal how his role on the show was a way to win public favour prior to his Bachelor entrance, stating: “I’m a Celebrity was a way for Channel 10 to slowly introduce him to audiences and gauge their reaction to him.”
“They thought that he would be well-liked but after these charges…Not only have Channel 10 cut him from the Bachelor, but they have also cut ties with him completely. They are even not including him in social media posts, he is completely banished.”
As to who will take his spot as Australia's next Bachelor, only time will tell.