Vida Glow is undoubtedly a global market leader in the ingestible beauty space. The brand started with their signature natural Marine Collagen range (which impressively sells one unit, every 4 seconds), but has since grown to cover every aspect of skin health, from its collagen production origins to environmental stressors that all impact accelerated ageing.
Their latest launch is one that’s got every skincare enthusiast excited: Anti-G-Ox Berry. An extension of the brand’s best-selling and multi-awarding winning original formula (Anti-G-Ox was awarded best inner beauty product in our 2020 Prix de marie claire Beauty Awards), but reimagined with a sweet red berry flavour profile — delish.
The science behind Anti-G-Ox Berry is centered around three external root causes of premature ageing that occur at a cellular level:
- Inflammation: Caused by pollution, climate and stress, Long-term, high levels of inflammation can lead to weakened skin structure, impaired barrier function and collagen breakdown.
- Advanced Glycation End Products: According to Vida Glow expert Chloe McLeod, glycation happens when Advanced Glycation End Products (AGE’s) accumulate in high levels in the body, and in turn affect skin firmness. McLeod further explains that AGEs form when protein or fat combine with sugar in the bloodstream.
- Oxidative Stress: This occurs when there is an imbalance of free radicals in the body. Regular exposure to UV light, the sun, stress and lack of sleep increases free radicals, leading to a dull and tired complexion.
Basically aspects of modern-day living including blue light, pollution, stress, UV exposure and lack of sleep can fast-track the above, leading to fine lines, wrinkles and loss of skin bounce. And while topical skincare is all well and good, internal supplements are able to go deeper, and treat these issues at the cause.
The Anti-G-Ox Berry contains a clinically-studied blend of actives that are proven to support skin. Let’s break down each one here:
- Vitamin C: A potent antioxidant, vitamin C is proven to fight free radicals and prevent oxidative stress for brighter, younger-looking skin.
- Biotin: This anti-glycant and vitamin is known to support strong skin, hair and nails.
- Chromium: Chromium is a mineral that’s been proven to fight off age-accelerating sugars.
- HydrocurcTM: a form of curcumin and an an anti-inflammatory compound (it’s also found in turmeric) that regenerates, soothes and brightens the skin.
- Vitamin E: You might be familiar with this one, but taking vitamin E internally can also strengthen the skin barrier.
- Magnesium: This element is essential when it comes to hormone regulation, healthy stress response and energy production — all of which are important for youthful, healthy-looking skin.
- Vitamin B6: This anti-inflammatory vitamin is essential when it comes to balancing hormones, meaning clearer, healthier skin.
- Niacinamide: We all know (and love) niacinamide for its skin soothing and strengthening properties. When taken internally, it can also support healthy collagen production.
- Zinc: This mineral plays an essential role in wound healing and overall skin health.
Anti-G-Ox Berry is a vegan formula and comes as a single-serve effervescent powder that is best taken directly onto the tongue for superior bioavailability, or can be dissolved into water. The unique effervescent nature of Anti-G-Ox can sometimes cause the powder to clump or cake in the sachet when exposed to temperatures above 25 degrees. However, Vida Glow’s rigorous quality tests prove this does not compromise the product’s efficacy. And as soon as Anti-G-Ox comes into contact with water, it dissolves.
It’s designed to fit into your active and busy lifestyle, so you can get proven skin-healing ingredients in one easy step. Healthy, glowing skin has never been so easy.
Anti-G-Ox is available for $80 – check it out online at vidaglow.com.
Sponsored by Vida Glow.