White sneakers have become a fashion staple with everyone from Meghan Markle to Margot Robbie stepping out in a pair of fresh kicks.
We know, we know: there’s nothing better than taking a fresh pair of clean white sneakers out for a spin yet, joy quickly turns to despair upon realising you've already smudged them. Despite your best efforts, your fresh-out-of-the-box white shoes can start to look grubby in no time at all. One wrong move and boom, a dirty scuff mark that could ruin your entire look.
Thankfully, the sneaker experts over at Reebok uploaded a video demonstrating exactly how-to get canvas and leather sneakers in tip-top shape. Here's exactly how to restore those white sneakers using just two items that you probably already have on hand in your bathroom cabinet; nail polish remover and a disposable razor.
WATCH: How To Clean White Sneakers
How To Clean White Sneakers
- Fill a bowl up with water
- Sprinkle in some baking soda
- Squeeze a few drops of dish soap into the bowl
- Add a little bit of hydrogen peroxide to the soapy water
- Mix the ingredients together with a toothbrush
- Use the dampened toothbrush to begin scrubbing the upper leather portion (soft bristles work best)
- Don't forget to scrub the tongue, too.
- Wipe the upper leather part and tongue down with a paper towel or soft cloth.
- Squeeze nail polish remover on to a cotton ball
- Scrub the rubbery midsole with the wet cotton ball
- Remove any piling with a disposable razor
- Throw laces into the washing machine
- Voilà! Good as new
This article originally shared on InStyle.