With a figure like Gisele Bündchen's, it's obvious that a healthy diet, exercise, and good genes are at work. And while it's no secret that the supermodel puts in serious time and dedication at the gym her eating choices are equally strict.
With Brady continuing his winning streak as quarterback for the New England Patriots in the NFL, the 41-year-old's career continues to defy the odds. While 38-year-old Gisele looks just as gorgeous now as she did when she started modelling twenty years ago. The couple often credits their staying power in their respective fields to their diet, more specifically their personally designed mean plan which only consists of inflammatory fighting foods.
Bündchen and husband Tom Brady's personal chef, Allen Campbell spilt the secrets behind their diet to Boston Magazine in March 2017 and his revelations continue to raise eyebrows today. Let's just say if you want to follow their meal plan, you can say goodbye to coffee, diary, wheat, and a host of other delicious foods.
To start, most of their diet consists of vegetables and whole grains. "80 per cent of what they eat is vegetables," Campbell says. "[I buy] the freshest vegetables. If it's not organic, I don't use it. And whole grains: brown rice, quinoa, millet, beans. The other 20 per cent is lean meats: grass-fed organic steak, duck every now and then, and chicken. As for fish, I mostly cook salmon."
And while that on its own seems restricting enough, there's also a long list of things the Bündchen-Bradys don't eat. "No white sugar. No white flour. No MSG. I'll use raw olive oil, but I never cook with olive oil. I only cook with coconut oil."
Also restricted are iodized salt (Campbell only uses Himalayan pink salt), nightshades like tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, or eggplants, along with coffee, caffeine, and dairy.
Apparently, the five-time Superbowl champ goes one step further only eating tomatoes once every weeks. Yikes.
“[Tom] doesn’t eat nightshades, because they’re not anti-inflammatory. So no tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms or eggplants,” he explained. “Tomatoes trickle in every now and then, but just maybe once a month.”
They've also passed these habits down to their three kids - five-year-old Vivian, eight-year-old Benjamin and 10-year-old John
According to Campbell, their brood loves sushi, but it has to be prepared in a specific way.
"It's brown rice, avocado, carrot, and cucumber. The kids like [it] maki-style, so the rice is on the outside. And I do it with a ponzu sauce, which is uzu and tamari. [I use] tamari because we stick to gluten-free for everything."
As for cheat day? The Bradly clan's go-to treat is raw granola and raw chocolate chip cookies.