1. Her real name is not Meghan
It’s a little ironic: her real name is actually the name we’ve been referring to her by all along – her character’s name on Suits: Rachel! Then again, Prince Harry’s real name is Henry… *mind blown*.
2. She is part African-American, part Caucasian
Her mother, Doria, is African-American, while her father, Thomas, is Dutch-Irish.
3. Prior to meeting Prince Harry, she was living with Canadian boyfriend and chef Cory Vitiello
The couple were going strong for two years before Markle laid her eyes on the Prince himself in 2016.
4. Meghan's relationship with her mother is unparalleled
Doria Radlan is a yoga teacher, social worker and Prince Harry's future mother-in-law. How about that for an added title?!
5. She's been fighting the good fight since she was young
She wrote to the then First Lady Hillary Clinton at age 11 about a seemingly sexist soap advertisement, which then got taken down. She’s made a speech at the United Nations about gender equality in 2015 and is also World Vision Canada’s global ambassador. Her exceptional rep will only grow upon being part of the Royal Fam.
6. She has a well-rounded education
She graduated from Northwestern University, with a double major in theatre and International Studies.
7. She used to be a Deal or No Deal girl
For one season, Markle was a briefcase model for the US version of the game show in 2006. While she explains it was a learning experience, she knew from then on what she didn’t want to do.
8. She used to own a lifestyle blog called The Tig
Although she shut the site down this year amid getting serious with your Royal Highness, Markle wrote about travelling, her favourite films, where to dine and all that cool jazz.
9. She was previously married. Say what?
Her ex husband was Trevor Engelston, American film producer. They had been married from 2011 to 2013, silently splitting over ‘irreconcilable differences’.
10. She has dogs. Repeat: she has dogs.
One is already receiving the royal treatment, and the other is on his way to the Palace too. Meet our newest little princes, Bogart and Guy.
11. She was the most Googled actress of 2016
By October 2016, when news had come out about the Prince’s latest girlfriend, fans jumped on the net to find out ‘Meghan Markle who?’ superseding actresses by the likes of Angelina Jolie and Jennifer Lawrence.
12. Her wisdom runs in the family - literally
Her great-great grandfather’s surname was ‘Wisdom’, a name he chose for himself and his family after the abolishment of slavery in the US.