Latest News

Woman Found Dead Inside Melbourne Strip Club Had Reporteldy Been There For 12 Hours

Police are investigating the mysterious death

Police are investigating the mysterious death of a British woman who was found dead inside the Melbourne strip club where she worked on December 19.

29-year-old Stacey Tierney’s body was discovered in Dreams Gentleman’s Club at 11:50am, almost 12 hours after she is thought to have died.

Ms Tierney had reportedly been with a group of men in a private area, reports that the men left the club after she died.

Homicide investigators are currently awaiting toxicology results to determine the cause of death and are reviewing CCTV footage, however private areas of the venue are not recorded.

“The exact circumstances surrounding the English woman’s death are yet to be determined and a post-mortem will be conducted,” a police spokeswoman told 9News.

The club are yet to comment on the death, however their Facebook page being inundated with angry messages over the incident and for deleting comments. 

“Putting your reputation and appearance over the value of that young woman’s life?” wrote one user. “I’m disgusted that you haven’t even acknowledged what has happened, shame on you.” 

“Stop deleting people’s posts RE: the death of Stacey Tierney,” 
wrote another. “Your establishment has so far made zero public acknowledgement of the fact that this has even happened. This is a beyond shameful and beyond disrespectful way for you to be responding.” 

“Shame on you all – carrying on like nothing has happened,”
 added another. “Rest in peace beautiful lady.”

Ms Tierney, a fitness instructor from Manchester ­England, had been working at the club for around five weeks after traveling around the country, and had hoped to one day become a nurse.


“She was — and still will be —my beautiful niece, a hard working young lady who was full of life and a lovely personality,” her uncle Graham Tierney told 

Added that her father, Stephen, was heartbroken by the loss of his “beautiful” daughter.

“We are finding it difficult to get information, and realise there is an investigation regarding the suspicious circumstances.”


Her ex-boyfriend, Matthew Girvan, also took to Facebook to share his heartbreak over the news.

“Woke up to some horrible news this morning. Sat and watched the sunrise over Indonesia. My ex girlfriend I was with for 6 years passed away. Words can’t describe how devastated I am.”

Her family back in the UK are now making arrangements to return her body home, setting up a GoFundMe page which has raised almost $20,000.

Related stories