Sarah Silverman isn’t afraid to make a statement, and this outspoken comedienne is fearless and bold when it comes to advocating for women’s rights. So, in honour of Ms Silverman’s birthday, we thought we would gather together a couple of times that this straight shooter was on the right side of history.
“I don’t set out to offend or shock, but I also don’t do anything to avoid it”.
“Some people say my humour focuses too much on stereotypes. It doesn’t. It focuses on facts”
1. That time she pointed out that things need to change!
“We need to stop telling girls they can be anything they want when they grow up. I think it’s a mistake, not because they can’t, but because it would have never occurred to them that they couldn’t.”
That time she pointed out that things need to change!
2. That time she put herself on the line.
“I’m hurt all the time, but I would die defending people’s rights to say anything”.
3. That time she pointed out the irony.
4. That time she discussed a woman’s right to choose.
5. That time she put things into perspective.
“Mother Teresa didn’t walk around complaining about her thighs- she had shit to do”
6. That time she pointed out the obvious. (TWICE)
“We deserve quality lives with equality”
“We don’t live in a democracy; we live in a hypocracy”
7. That time she gave us just a little bit of wisdom
“Take lots of time for yourself, discovering yourself- pursue not only a profession but other life passions, I always make time to rock climb or hike of write a few short stories. Also, find good people and surround yourself with them. Most importantly, always believe you will, unequivocally”