- If you’re hesitant, start by blending burgundy with neutral tones for a hint of colour, suggests Lancôme national make-up director Lara Srokowski.
- A subtle ring of burgundy liner will make your eyes pop. After something more dramatic? Smudge a little black liner along the lash line, too.
- For day, Srokowski recommends wearing burgundy eyeshadow in the socket and neutrals (warm browns, vanilla or sheer gold) on the lid; for night, start with a creamy oxblood shadow on the lid and layer either dark brown or black over the top.
- Build a better smoky eye by layering powder shadow over cream formulas.
- Coat lashes in black mascara then use a small brush to apply an oxblood shade on just the tips, or use black up top and burgundy on the ends of the bottom lashes.
- If you want to try winged eyeliner, use a liquid or gel formula for intense colour payoff.