For the past 25 years, marie claire has championed Australian women and encouraged them to move fearlessly forward in the world. While there is still work to do until we achieve true gender equality, there are incredible individuals and companies who are ousting out-dated ideas to change the game and the status quo. This is why marie claire, in partnership with Bumble and supported by the Estée Lauder Companies, have launched the Glass Ceiling Awards – to applaud and celebrate the advancements that these awesome women and businesses have made.
We are thrilled to introduce our trailblazing award nominees, all of whom have smashed through boundaries to create lasting change for a better future.
And the nominees are…
Pay Equity Award - A company who has achieved gender pay equity within its ranks
- McCullough Robertson
Majority Rules Award - A business where women make up the majority on the board or leadership team
- Sport Australia
- The Iconic
- American Express (Australia & NZ)
Family-Friendly Award - A business dedicated to making the daily work/life/family juggle easier with flexible working hours or generous parental leave policies
- Nourished Life
- AGL Energy
Social Conscience Award - A woman who’s paying it forward and making a difference to the world
- Megan Etheridge OAM, Dress for Success Sydney
- Robyn Jones, Mama Maya
- Justine Flynn, Thankyou
The Future Shaper Award - Next-gen thought-leaders revolutionising our future
- Macinley Butson, Inventor
- Jean Hinchliffe, Teenage activist
- Blaise McCann, Hear Us Roar founder
Mentor Award - A powerhouse woman who has supported and championed other women in her industry
- Vicki Condon, Raise founder & CEO
- Christie Whitehill, Tech Ready Women founder & CEO
- Pratibha Rai, Entrepreneur at Catalysr
The Ceiling Smasher Award - Celebrating an iconic woman who has paved the way for other women
- Julia Gillard, Former Prime Minister
- Susan Alberti AC, Philanthropist & AFLW champion
- Aunty Beryl Van-Oploo, Indigenous activist & culinary icon
- Professor Michelle Simmons, Quantum physicist
- Melanie Perkins, Canva Co-founder
marie claire congratulates all of the deserving finalists on their nominations. Our esteemed judging panel now has the difficult task of choosing winners for each category.
The winners will be announced at the marie claire + Bumble Glass Ceiling Awards event that is taking place in Sydney on June 19.