When it comes to treating acne-prone skin, sometimes your daily skincare products just don’t cut it. If your blemish-busting regimen is in need of extra supplementation, a face mask packed with potent ingredients may just be the ticket to a clearer complexion.
While many people don’t think to try facial masks that calm inflammation and heal breakouts, they can offer rapid results. Infused with anti-bacterial ingredients like charcoal, green tea and honey – these treatments shrink pimples while tackling excess oil and dirt to prevent future breakouts.
To keep pimples at bay you only need to apply a face mask once or twice a week and can be done in 30 minutes. Our love for acne-busting face masks takes many forms, from sheet masks to clay formulas, and everything in between. Read on to discover the best face masks for acne.
8. Minenssey Skin Revival Clay Mask Set ($79; at minenssey.com)
A complete complexion overhaul system, the Minenssey Skin Revival Clay Mask Set is a 21 day boot camp for your skin. Minenssey’s clay masks have a unique creamy consistency which means they don’t ‘crack’ like most do and are gentle on skin.
7. The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Clay Mask ($25; at thebodyshop.com.au)
This mask will help to clear impurities whilst absorbing excess sebum leaving skin feeling smoother and clearer looking.
An ultra-fine microfiber sheet mask that controls blemishes and corrects uneven skin tone.
5. Sand & Sky Pink Clay Porefining Face Mask ($70; at sandandsky.com)
Australian Pink Clay has powerful anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties. Meaning it purifies the skin, soaks up excess oil, and draws out dirt from deep within the pores.
5. bareMinerals Dirty Detox Skin Glowing And Refining Mud Mask ($51; at mecca.com.au)
Skin-purifying clay, mud and charcoal come together with resurfacing papaya enzyme to completely clarify, refine texture and give skin maximum vibrancy
4. GlamGlow Supermud Clearing Treatment ($35; at mecca.com.au)
A revolutionary treatment mask for problematic, congested and dull skin.
3. Ole Henrickson Cold Plunge Pore Mask ($48; at sephora.com.au)
A detoxifying, cooling clay mask that instantly reduces the look of pores, smoothens skin texture and controls oil all day.
2. Mario Badescu Drying Mask ($26; at mecca.com.au)
This Colloidal Sulfur based mask dries existing pimples and oil and helps clarify problematic skin.
1. Mecca Cosmetica Urban Defence Protect & Purify Sheet Mask ($45; at mecca.com.au)
Enriched with hyaluronic acid and witch hazel extracts to balance natural oils, this repairative mask intensively moisturises and revitalises the skin’s outer layer.